It's been a while since I've done a tutorial, so I think it's about time for another one, don't you think? This one is more for the new bloggers using Blogger.
I rarely use all caps, but this is a big one.
BACKUP YOUR BLOG!! OFTEN!!
You've worked hard to build your page and you do not want to lose it. I have watched others who have mysteriously lost their page and were back to square one. You don't want to be one of those people and I didn't either. Part of me was scared that it was going to be some super complicated task but it really isn't.
It's simple. And takes seconds.
1. Log in to your Blogger account.
2. Go to settings and select "Other"
3. Select "Export Blog"
4. Next, you will get a pop up box. Be sure to select "Download Blog". I have a seperate folder on my computer where I save this to. That way I will never forget where I've saved it.
That's it folks!! Easy Peasy!! Now, with that being said, that will only back up your posts and comments. If you want to backup your template, then you'll need to make sure to complete these next steps - which I highly suggest. Again, it only takes a moment.
1. Log in to Blogger
2. Select "Template"
3. Click on "Backup/Restore"
4. A pop up will come up that looks like this. Click the orange box that says "Download Full Template". I save it to the same folder as my other content.
And that's it folks!! It's super important and super easy!! I backup my blog daily. How often do you backup yours?